Friday, April 12, 2024

Review: What Did You Do? by Jeneane O'Riley

What Did You Do? What Did You Do? by Jeneane O'Riley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay.... I liked most of this book but then again I was annoyed with it? I'm glad we got a ton of background information about a lot of the characters, Caly especially. But even until the last chapter more was being revealed and I get having layers, but at a point it needs to stop. I'm almost confused and by the end of book 2 I should not be confused anymore. 

Also Mandex and Eli? That whole mess? Caly needs to figure out who she likes now and pick one because she's just messing around with both of their feelings at this point and it's angering me how pitiful these "tough" men are acting around her. 

Spoilers will be listed below now. Please do not read if you don't want to be spoiled. 

How can Caly be human and still keep her sisters powers? For all of these years? It doesn't fade? And how could she be able to hide her true feelings at the age of 8 if she knew everything the queen did to her family? I knew the queen killed her mom and sister. 

I also knew Mandex didn't really die. But why did she have his Shadows for awhile and then they disappeared? Especially is she human?

I really wanted her to kill Eli. I loved that she killed the queen which I'm surprised Eli hasn't gotten angrier about that yet. And I know he says he was ignorant about how mothers doings but as we have all discovered, just because one thing was said doesn't mean it's true. 

So yeah, I wish I had the whole series on my hands to see what happens next and if book 3 redeems this series for me. By the time book 3 comes out, will I evergreen want to read it to find out what happens when Caly meets her father Zef? Which guy will she ends up with? I bet that won't be discovered until the last book, #4, and will I be patient enough for that? I have no idea. 

I will say, even with my conflicted feelings, I was entranced by majority of the book. I just need to start getting answers instead of more questions soon. Glad I got the chance to read this sequel. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment