Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Review: Carry On

Carry On Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I finally got my hands on this book! I re-read "Fangirl" before this. I know, I know, they are different stories, but it was an excuse to read my favorite book by Rainbow Rowell and I also wanted to see what Cath's perspective of Simon Snow and his crew were all about again.

So when I started this book, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. There are different books in here, and Book One is by far the worst. Rowell is trying to cram 7 previous years of Simon's life at Watford into one novel, which isn't the best idea to be honest. And all I kept thinking about was "HARRY POTTER!!!!!" No, seriously, I was about done with this book. But I wanted to reach page 200 to really give it a fair shot.

I'm so glad I did too, because the second Book Two started and Baz showed up, things got IMMENSELY better! It was almost like a whole new story.

So I definitely recommend you try to get to the second book and if you still don't like it, then you can give up.

I liked the story line and thought it was a typical but unique take on the "Chosen One". Yeah, that didn't make much sense, but once you read how it ended you will figure out what that sentence means.

"Fangirl" is still my favorite, but I now understand why Rowell had to write about Simon and his crew because it was such a compelling story to read about. Can't wait to see what else this author has up her sleeve!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment