Sunday, November 22, 2015

Review: Fangirl

Fangirl Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just re-read this because I finally have my hands on "Carry On". I know I didn't have to re-read it since it is technically not related or will give me anything new before reading this other novel. But...this is also an amazing novel so I was okay with reading it again :D

If any of my friends haven't read it, I highly recommend it! Loved it for the second time!


My 1st review from Sept. 15, 2013:
I'm making my way through Rainbow Rowell's novels and I LOVED this one! Adored it! I'm not sure why I loved it more than the first one I read (Eleanor and Park) but I did and I am still reeling from the amazing story (stories?) that Rowell created.

First, everything I thought was very realistic. Going to college changes people and Cath learned that when Wren decided she wanted to go off on her own and meet new people, so she wouldn't be rooming with her twin sister.

Then, the roommate debacle. Reagan is an upper classman and doesn't have time for a newbie freshman roommate, so Cath was always in her room by herself.

Also, even though I'm a reader and not a writer, I felt like I connected well with Cath when she was fanfiction writing her stories. She was attached to her characters and the situations she placed them in - kinda like the same way I get attached to the characters I read and think that I'm secretly their best friends.

I also adored Levi. He was hilarious, sweet, and even though he talked about everything and anything, he was sincere and always wanting to be around Cath when Reagan was around.

So, yes, I LOVED this book. I can now see why all of my friends are fans of Rowell's. I will be reading her third (but debut novel) next to see if this is my favorite novel overall!

So read this! Now!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment