Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Review: Confessions of a Murder Suspect

Confessions of a Murder Suspect Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've been wanting to read this since it first came out, but I waited until the 4th and final book was released before caving in so I don't have to wait forever for the next book in the series.

I've only read one other series by James Patterson - the Maximum Ride series - and I feel as if this isn't quite up to MR. Max and friends had a lot more adventure whereas here, the Angel family were trying to find clues, leading a less than adventurous time through this book.

But I sincerely love Tandy - Tandoori - and her family. They are not your typical family. In fact, when her parents are murdered, the truth about the family comes out, including the natural pills her parents made her take were actually helping Tandy be a bit smarter than she might have been without those pills.

Tandy was deemed the "smartest" of the group of her siblings. I don't think I quite agree though because each sibling had their own unique talents that made them smarter than the other. But because Tandy thought she was the smartest, she figured she would have to be the one to figure out who murdered her parents.

I loved getting to know this insanely crazy family. I especially love the youngest, Hugo. He is ten, and he is ferocious. He is the craziest out of all of the them and he laughs in the face of danger. But he also a kid growing up and just now learning about adventure after his parents were murdered, so it's to be expected maybe. Though Hugo is by far the craziest 10 year old that I would NEVER want to babysit! Never...

Harry, Tandy's twin brother, was a bit of a cry baby for me... He was so emotional and easy to tip over the edge... I guess he balanced Tandy's unemotional state, but geez, boy, grow up and get some tougher skin.

And we didn't really get to know Matthew, the eldest Angel sibling, since he's in his 20's and playing in the NFL so he's got his own life. From what we did see, Matt was very angry and loses his lid very easily.

So yeah, I loved the mystery part. I was sitting here guessing who was the evil murderer right along with Tandy, though I do have to admit I got warmer than Tandy did. She was all over the page blaming everyone she knows. While my guess wasn't right, it was a lot closer than I thought it would be.

I like being surprised by how a mystery gets solved, so I was pleasantly surprised by this novel. I am glad that the murder was solved at the end, because I'm thinking of doing this book for book club and didn't want to leave the participants hanging in suspense over how it ended.

Going to read the other novels and see if I like them more/less/same than this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment