Sunday, July 8, 2018

Review: Going for the Hole by L. P. Dover

Going for the Hole Going for the Hole by L.P. Dover
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.
Release Date: June 25, 2018

When Ashley goes on a week long bachelorette trip, she's a bit leery as to what will happen. She hasn't been out partying for a very long time, with breaking up with her boyfriend 4 months ago and working at her doctor's practice, she just hasn't had the time or the ambition.

So when she gets a chance to have a little fun, she makes up a name and has a one night stand... Well, she was thinking it was a one night stand until he wouldn't leave her alone...

Lucas Montgomery has won many, many tournaments and championships for golfing, but now he wants a bit of a break. So he decides to take a month off and take a vacation. Of course, he can't stop golfing completely, so he goes to the beach, where there is a golf course as well.

When he meets Ashley, he also gives a fake name since he is pretty well known and doesn't want the news or paparazzi around. And after the first night with Ashley, he knows he is a goner. He can't get enough of the woman who fights him with every turn, which is a change of pace from the women who throw themselves at him for his fame and money.

Winning over Ashley's heart is hard work, but Lucas is bound and determined to do it. With every obstacle that comes between them, he always tries to find a way to fix it.

But a mistake he made before really meeting her comes between them, and they may not be able to fix everything in the end. Hopefully Lucas's one mistake won't cost him the girl of his dreams...

This was a cute novel. I love sports related romance novels, and this was a nice change of pace for me because I haven't read too many golfing ones. And while I don't know about golf, I still loved having that competitiveness in the novel when they were on the golf course.

Lucas fell pretty hard, pretty fast for Ashley, which I was okay with. It just felt like he was attracted to her when he saw her across the room and the next day it was love. It was too much too fast for me.

I loved how Ashley fought him at every turn and made Lucas, who is used to girls falling at his feet, really work to get her to trust him. But, as many men are, he messes up a lot, which makes him backtrack a lot to get her trust back.

I also liked how Ashley was a doctor and that it was incorporated a lot in the novel. She is a strong, determined, successful woman and she didn't NEED Lucas for anything, but just liked being around him because she was attracted again.

Overall, I liked this book. There were some things that weren't quiet believable, and I thought it was ironic that everyone met each other because of Ashley's brothers wedding, and yet we got a brief mention of the wedding but nothing too detailed.

I am very glad I got a copy of this novel through Red Coat Publishing! I've enjoyed L. P. Dover's works and hope I continue to read them in the future!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment