Sunday, July 8, 2018

Review: Rocked by Theresa Hissong

Rocked Rocked by Theresa Hissong
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.
Release Date: July 10, 2018

Bristol has been the manager of Cycle of Sin band for 2 years. She knows the ins and outs of all 5 guys in that band, and she keeps their schedule together on very busy days. But now she is starting to have thoughts of all the guys...They are obviously attractive, but that's never got in her way before. But now she is starting to wonder "what if..."

Of course, she won't do that because it might affect her job, and she loves what she does. So she ignores it.

Until she realizes that the guys are feeling the attraction for her too. All five of them...

In addition to her steamy feelings for the guys, she is also getting a bad vibe from one of the photographers that comes to the Cycle of Sin concerts to take photos. She can't explain what she feels, but it's not a good feeling.

There is so much changing at once, Bristol isn't sure what she wants.

But the guys are very patient, and they really want to explore some options with her. Bristol is scared to try, because she cares for the guys and her job, but she's very interested as well.

One thing is for sure, things are about to change in her world. But whether it's for better or worse...?

This is my first reverse harem novel. Actually, it's really my first harem novel period. I'm all for a good romance, smutty book, but I haven't ventured into this genre. So I was willing to try this eARC and it was also a shorter book, so if I didn't care for it, it wouldn't take too much time to finish it.

But I think because it was a smaller book that I had a few issues with it. I didn't feel like there was enough story to give the deep connection that the characters were feeling. It was co-workers one minute, lovers the next with no segue into it, for me. And sometimes I feel like I was just given a list of what was going on, making me realize that I was legit reading it and not really involved in it like most books. Usually I can lose myself into the story and not have the realization I'm reading it, but there were many times in this novel that I was thrown outside of the story and just reading a normal book.

And the ending? Yeah, didn't really work for me. I'm definitely not like Bristol, so none of this will happen in my life, so I can't relate to any of it, which made it hard for me to immerse myself into the future of these characters.

Overall, it was an okay novel for me. I don't know if I will stick to what I know in the future and stay away from this genre or if I will venture into it a bit more, but I am glad I got a chance to read this and see what it is about. I think people who really enjoy this genre will enjoy it when it comes out on the 10th!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment