Monday, July 23, 2018

Review: Play On by Samantha Young

Play On Play On by Samantha Young
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Living in a small town in Indiana was never Nora's dream. She wants to be on a stage performing and loving life. Instead, her father became disabled and lost his job, forcing Nora and her mother to work constantly. Nora can't even go to college anymore, because her college fund was used to help pay for medical bills and groceries and such.

Now Nora is living day to day, working as a waitress and trying to avoid home as much as possible.

When Jim and Roddy come to her small little town, they are road tripping and traveling abroad, since they live in Scotland. Nora is instantly attracted to Jim, and makes a crazy decision: she is going to marry Jim and move to Scotland to live her life.

While things may have started off well, by year 3 of marriage, Nora felt like something was missing. When she meets a mysterious, older man, she feels the connection that she doesn't and has never had with Jim.

Nora is haunted by her past decisions and it's limiting her to make amazing choices in her future. She is presented with so many different twists and turns throughout her short life, and eventually one of those choices will lead her to happiness... Right...?

This was a good novel! I love Samantha Young so much and was so glad I got my hands on a copy of this book! I do have to admit, I didn't think it was as great as her On Dublin series, but I still enjoyed it immensely!

Because I have read a lot of Samantha Young's books, I am now dying to go to the UK and visit Scotland, though I'm not much of a traveler, so maybe I'll just live other people's lives through Young's novels :)

Nora has had a very very rough life and such a short life as well! I don't know if I would have been as optimistic and cheerful and volunteering my time if I lived her life, to be honest. She is such a joy and she is such an inspiration for people to want to strive for in life.

Aiden is yummy and sophisticated and just a dream come true, honestly. I would have been tongue tied if I had met him the way that Nora met him, and definitely wouldn't have made as good of an impression as Nora did.

Overall, I really enjoyed this novel, and I cannot wait to read the next one in the series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment