Sunday, July 15, 2018

Review: From the Embers: A Havenwood Falls novella by Amy Miles

From the Embers: From the Embers: by Amy Miles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.
Release Date: June 22, 2018

Ember is hunting. She's been hunting for over 6 years. She needs to find the man who killed her mother and make him pay. And finally she has a lead and is SO close to getting her justice.

While following him, she finds herself in a town called Havenwood Falls. Her GPS doesn't register this town, but Ember figures this is a great place to lie low and let her healing abilities catch up to her pretty brutal wounds.

And Havenwood Falls is a very interesting town. After a few encounters on her first morning there, she runs into a very attractive man - literally. She backed her stolen jeep into him and knocked him over.

After being blackmailed into having breakfast with him, he tells her that Havenwood Falls is not a normal town. It might even be a sanctuary for someone like Ember, with her abilities.

Ember thought it just might work, but then she remembered she was on a mission. Little did she know that her fairy tale ending will be interfered by her nightmare past... Happily ever after might not be in the cards for Ember after all...

Ahhh!!! I loved this! So much! I loved Ember and I loved Atticus and I loved the story! It was amazing! I've had hit and misses with the Havenwood Falls books - especially the adult ones. The Havenwood Falls High I usually love instantly, so I was extremely happy with this book!

Ember has been through crap, and she has a "I don't give a shit" attitude that I really love. It shows she's been through hell and back and she is on a mission because that is all she has known for the past 6 years. And to be put through the foster system with her abilities had to be horrible for a teenage girl. So when she got to Havenwood Falls, the sanctuary for people like her, she knew it was too good to be true. Otherwise she would have to realize that she suffered for no reason with a place like this existing.

And Atticus is just amazing. He gets hit by a car, bounces back from it, and then is determined to take Ember to breakfast. He knew instantly that Ember was someone he wants to know and wasn't going to let her slip through his fingers for even a second.

This book was full of twists and turns the entire novel, and I loved every second! There were so many revelations throughout the novel - some that I figured out beforehand and some that were a surprised when it was revealed.

I'm very glad I got a chance to read this book, and I really, really, REALLY hope that there will be a follow-up novel to this book?? I don't know what it will be about - the conflict - but I really want to read about these two characters again because I loved them so much! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment