Sunday, July 29, 2018

Review: Fight or Flight by Samantha Young

Fight or Flight Fight or Flight by Samantha Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this ebook novel from the author and Edelweiss. This is my honest review.

Ava has a very sophisticated and professional job and lifestyle now. She dresses fancy with suits and stilettos and she is an interior designer and creates wonderful products for both professional and personal reasons. When she has to go back home for funeral for her once best friend, she is desperate to come back to Boston and get back to her life that she created rather than the chaotic mess that she had to grow up with in Arizona.

But when the weather causes cancellations for her flight Eva is determined to get back to Boston as quickly as possible. Unfortunately at all brooding handsome Scotsman keeps getting in her away by taking a seat that she wanted and ends up on another flight to avoid the bad weather. Then she has to sit next to him and the plane and during all of this he is treating her like she is a bug on his shoe.

When they keep bumping into each other, the Scotsman, Caleb, suggest that maybe they should have a one night stand to get the tension between them dissipated. At first Ava was not interested but the more she thought about it the more intrigued she was by it. However after their night together, she finds out that she will be seeing the Scotsman more and more than she thought she would.

Eva usually doesn't do things like this because she loves structure and routine but she is slowly starting to enjoy having Caleb around. That's a problem though because Caleb is very Stern on the fact that they are just friends with benefits and won't be anything else.

Soon everything starts to explode with their plan and Ava signs that her heart might be broken for the second time. She's just not sure if she'll be able to recoup from this broken heart in the end.

I love this book! The tension between the two characters was off the charts and flying off the pages and I loved how they bantered and argued at every turn when you knew that they were attracted to one another. I also loved Ava especially because she is such a strong determine character who is making a name for herself spite the fact that everyone that she grew up with failed her in some way.

I also love Caleb who was obviously tortured by something in his past. I also wouldn't mind having my own Scotsman who was attracted to me haha. I wouldn't even mind his bad attitude because I can dish it right back to him! Not that Ava didn't do that because she's certainly gave Caleb a run for his money.

There were moments when I found the characters to be too stubborn to look at what was really happening but honestly that happens in real life so it was very realistic and easy to relate to. I wanted to strangle them at moments and then other times I was just living in their life full of romance and chemistry.

I am so so so glad that I was able to get an early copy of this book because I knew just from reading the description that I was going to fall in love with it. I almost wish that there was another book coming to continue Ava and Caleb's story but maybe Samantha Young will do a spin-off or a companion book perhaps with Ava's friend Harper or Caleb's brother Jaimie? :)

I know that's the main thing fans will love this novel and hopefully new fans will pick it up to and see what they're missing with her books!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment