Sunday, July 29, 2018

Review: As Dust Dances by Samantha Young

As Dust Dances As Dust Dances by Samantha Young
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel the author. This is my honest review.
Release date: August 7, 2018

Skylar have the perfect life before. She was famous. She was able to sing and write her music that she love to do. But when something terrible happened she decided to leave everything behind and escape from the reality that was now her life.

Just when things were starting to get rough and she wasn't sure what she was going to be able to do, she was approached by a stranger who basically blackmailed her into her old life again. Usually when people love music and making music they want to create records and albums for their fans but Skylar doesn't enjoy that life anymore after she did it for the majority of her life.

Killian has been involved with music his whole life and has found a lot of talented and great musicians working at his uncle's company. When he heard Skylar singing on the streets he knew he had to sign her at his company. He knew exactly who Skylar was I knew that her talent should not be wasted as a busker girl on the streets.

While kind of blackmailing her into making another album, Killian was only trying to give her another shot at the career she's obviously great at. But the more they got to know each other, the more Killian wonders if Skylar really wants this life style again.

When Skylar's past comes back to haunt her and Killian's uncle goes against their contract Skylar has to really think about what she wants to do with the rest of her life.

I enjoyed this novel. For some reason the series has been a little harder for me to get into than the on Dublin series from Samantha Young but I still enjoyed the storyline and the struggles that both Skyler and Killian went through during this novel.

I can't even imagine how Skyler coped with everything that has happened to her. Not only what happened with her family back in the States but also how she had to survive in Scotland when she ran out of money during her traveling. She is definitely a strong person who is determined to take care of herself and to deal with issues that come up in her life by herself. She was healing in her own way which many did not understand why she did that but it helped her cope with what happened to her loved ones.

It was wrong of what Killian did to Skyler to make her sign with a contract with no other options but I feel like he did in the good of his heart and the good of his company. More so his company when they first met and then realizing his mistake later after they get to know each other.

The tension between the two characters was off the pages most times. I tried to get into the story but at some points I was a bit distant from it which made it a little harder for me to keep up with it. I felt like this during the first book in the series two though and I still enjoyed that book as well.

I'm very glad I got a chance to read this Advanced reader copy from the author and I know that many of Samantha Young fans will enjoy this book and immensely.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment