Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Review: Bad Boy Rich by Kat T. Masen

Bad Boy Rich Bad Boy Rich by Kat T. Masen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Milana is from a small town, and loves her non-dramatic life. She has Liam, her boyfriend for the last few years, her best friend Phoebe, her mom and her brother Flynn. And honestly, that is all Milana needs.

But when her mother gets very sick and wants to put herself into a nursing home so they can take care of her, and Milana loses her job when the business closes, Milana is put between a rock and a hard place. Her mom found the "perfect" job for her, but it's in Hollywood. Milana doesn't want to leave Alaska, but left with no other choice, her and her brother go to Hollywood.

There, Milana realizes that life is way different than what she is used to. People are rude, always in a rush, and are just plain mean sometimes. Thankfully, the person she is an assistant for, Emerson, is amazing, so it's not too bad. Until she meets Wesley Rich, Emerson's ex.

At first, Wesley was just a jerk. But the more they bump into each other and then start hanging out, the more Milana wonders if there isn't more to him.

But the more Milana gets wrapped up in Wesley's life, the more she is losing herself. She is getting so caught up in that world, that she isn't sticking true to herself, and she is losing everything that she loves the most.

Can she find herself again, before it is too late to make amends with everyone else in her life?

Okay, I thought I liked this book. I really did. But then the more I read, the more I realized that this book is f'ed up. Seriously.

I thought Wesley was just a tortured guy and bad boy all combined in one, and that Milana was going to come in and save his soul and everything was going to be hunky dory. Which I guess kinda happened, but there was too much terrible things that Wesley did to Milana.

Now, I may be being a bit drastic, but there was just a lot of things that Wesley did and said to Milana that didn't sit right with me, and I started to feel low about MYSELF because of how he was treating her.

Milana needed to be stronger and dump Wesley after he treated her one way one minute, and then did a 360 when someone else came into the room. That would have been a warning sign for me. Plus Wesley wanted everything to stay the same but still have innocent Milana in his life. What a joke.

The mood swings were what got me the most. It was definitely emotional abuse that went on between these two, and I felt really bad for Milana, but then not bad for her at the same time... She could have left at any moment, so she willingly decided to stay with him. So she kinda asked for what she got in a way.

Then the whole "big reveal" happened and suddenly, Wesley is a changed man! Ah, no. If that had happened in real life, he wouldn't have given two craps about the issue and would have continued on with his drug, alcohol, whoring around life that he was living.

So I'm sad to say that this book just wasn't for me. I really, really, really tried to like it, and I did for about 50% of the book, but there was just too much negativity in here and too much emotional abuse for me to realistically say that I enjoyed it. I'm sure other readers will love this story, though!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment