Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Review: Eulogy by Rachel Van Dyken

Eulogy Eulogy by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh Chase.  The agony you went through.  The anger.  Just the amount of emotion this man has stored inside of himself would take down a normal guy.  And the honest truth is I don't blame the guy.  Now taking your anger out on an entire bloodline where there are wives and children that have nothing to do with the business is a bit much, but for anyone who didn't defy their leader, yeah I could see a bloodbath.  Then again, if I had a mafia boss and they told me to do something, I would feel like I would have to in order not to die by defying them, so I guess this situation is a bit difficult. 

And Luciana.  God, she might actually be my favorite female character of this series.  To be able to single-handedly stop a mad-man from killing 60 people is amazing.  And it was all because she loved Chase.  Luc is not the bravest person in this series - in fact she is 100% the shyest and easily scared of the bunch.  She's not made to be in the mafia - she got scared by a mouse!  But she grew to love Chase and all of his darkness.  She loved him how he was - Luc didn't want to change him.  And that alone is enough to penetrate the shield that formed around Chases heart when Mil betrayed him. 

And for her to stand up to the five families and sacrifice herself for Chase, just to show how much she loves and trusts him?  Seriously, she is the most badass one of the bunch.

I was looking at the other two novels I have left in this series and I think I am going to end with this novel.  These are the original characters and they now have their happily ever after endings.  I now know who Vic is and that he gets a story, and there is the 10 years in the future story, but I'm pretty content with finishing the series with this one.  There is so much that I feel after this ending that I just want to store it inside and bottle it up.

I'm so glad I finally read this series and stuck with it to the end.  It was definitely a journey and I won't be forgetting this mafia romance series for a very long time!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment