Sunday, March 8, 2020

Review: Empire by Rachel Van Dyken

Empire Empire by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has a lot of emotion.

First you have Sergio who went through the worst emotion you can feel: heartbreak. He was forced to marry only to fall in love and watch her die. Then to be told he had to marry again to another person he doesn't know. I don't blame him for being a jerk. He's getting the short end of the sticks left and right. So him adjusting to Val is understandable to me.

And Val. To find out your life had been a lie, that nothing is true... that's a hard thing to process. Then to be told that you have to marry a stranger, one who is hauntingly beautiful and terrifying at the same time? That is rubbish for my 21st brain to process but Val is a better person than me and loves her family. Me? I would have run away lol.

To see these two go through their situations and emotions was very realistic. I don't think I would have been as strong as Val was to be honest. Sergio was a dick.

I'm glad I've continued with this series and I'm going to make it to the end. These characters are amazing and I can't wait to see what's in store next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment