Friday, March 27, 2020

Review: Worthy by Donna Cooner

Worthy Worthy by Donna Cooner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad she suggested it for me! I've never heard of this author, but I really enjoyed this story. 

Linden is one conflicted teenage girl. She is shy and smart, says she doesn't want attention but she sure does bring a lot to herself. And she gives into peer pressure a lot. 

I was, and am, a girl who refuses to do something because other people pressured or bully, me to "fit in" or "everyone else is doing it". When someone did that to me in high school, I would say they need to stop it (in not so pleasant words) and it kinda made me a vocal, honest person. Though most thought my honest was a bit brutal, but I was okay with that. 

Linden caved into this power pressure and the thought of being popular. Her personal plans and goals got pushed back because of it, and her friendships were strained. I was very happy at the ending when she realized this and went back to her true roots. 

Also,  what school would allow this app to be advertised in their school news source? That's not very realistic to me...

Seeing Linden and Alex together was sweet and reminded me of my first crush and the amount of feelings you get. And I love libraries, so seeing them connect in the library was great for me :)

I enjoyed this book, but it did make me appreciate that I didn't have the "popular, mean girls" when I was in high school to deal with. I think I would have had a lot more enemies by the time I graduated lol!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment