Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Review: Before the Chaos by Maggie Rawdon

Before the Chaos Before the Chaos by Maggie Rawdon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a quick, angsty, beautiful introduction to these characters and how their past is DEFINITELY going to effect their future longer story that I'm about to dive into!  Madison is so sweet and naive in this short story haha.  For anyone to go to a house where their older brother is and think they are going to successfully find their way into older brother's best friend's bed when no attraction has been shown before?  Yeah, not going to happen.  And yeah I guess it did happen with Quentin, but he's not BFF with her brother, just friends and he happened to come in later, so her brother Tobias wasn't on alert, you know?  Either way, Madison is sweet and wants to explore the world and think she has her whole family wrapped around her fingers.  

And Quentin? Whoo-ee.  I wouldn't mind sharing a room with him ANY DAY!  He is a fantastic teacher and I can always use some learning haha.  But he was super sweet and is such a good guy, even though everyone around him thinks he's a bad influence.  People can't choose their past and how they were raised, and things happen, but deep down he's a fantastic guy and I just wish more people would be able to see that about him.  I wish he didn't let Madison's dad get inside his head.  Did I think he and Madison were making a mistake and rushing things?  Yes.  But I think they could have had a great shot without her meddlesome dad getting in the way and causing an end to the beginning of their relationship.  

I very much enjoyed this novella and I'm VERY intrigued on how things are about to pan out with these two characters when they re-enter into each others lives again!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment