Thursday, February 8, 2024

Review: Dirty Like Me by Jaine Diamond

Dirty Like Me Dirty Like Me by Jaine Diamond
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I actually really enjoyed this book!  I've been having a stream of meh books, but this one really kept my attention and I LOVED the characters!  I love how Katie and Jesse meet and the music video of them in bed.  Freaking loved the chemistry between them and then for Katie to seriously take a huge dive into a brand new world?  I'm a bit envious of her not going to lie.  I would never do that.  That kind of world is not a temptation I would touch with a 100 foot pole, but for her to get to experience it and find a way to live her life again?  I think it was worth it so much. 

I do wish that one or the other would have expressed their true feelings long before they did.  I get for the suspense moments, but they were both feeling the same way and I didn't think they needed that added drama.  Katie revisiting her memories of Josh?  That hit a little too close to home for me, but what she said was so spot on and true.  

I love how consumed Jesse was with Katie.  It just goes to show that it doesn't have to be the flashy girls who throw themselves at people, but rather the little things in life that attract someone and keep the attention of them.  I loved how PDA he was, I mean, that was the whole purpose, but to live a life where you don't care about what other people are seeing when they look at you?  Not sure if I will ever get to that level. 

So, yes, definitely adored this novel!  So glad I found it free/cheap on Amazon and dived into it!  I won't be forgetting these characters anytime soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment