Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Silver is for Secrets by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Silver is for Secrets - #3 in the Blue is for Nightmares series by Laurie Faria Stolarz.

Click here: Blue is for Nightmares to read my review of the first book in the series.

Click here: White is for Magic to read my review of the second book in the series.

It's the summer before Stacey and her friends, Drea, Amber, Chad, PJ, and Jacob, are leaving for college. They want one last trip together before everyone goes their separate ways.

Stacey just wants a nice, normal, stress free vacation, especially after her last nightmare/premonition during senior year. She was actually getting her wish.

Until Clara comes to their cabin on the beach and Stacey feels a cold, dead feeling when shaking Clara's hand.

It wasn't until Stacey had another nightmare, though, and woke up with a nose bleed, that Stacey realized that Clara was going to die.

Now, instead of a relaxing vacation, Stacey has to try to convince Clara that someone is going to kill her. Along with trying to get Clara to believe her, Stacey also has to keep peace in her cabin - Clara likes to snatch other girls boyfriends including Amber's and Drea's.

To top it all off, Stacey's boyfriend Jacob is keeping secrets. She knows that he is having nightmares, which means bad news like Stacey because he's a witch as well, but Jacob won't tell her what they are about.

By keeping secrets from one another, it is straining their relationship, and their friendship to the point where Stacey is unsure if she can talk to him about her nightmares.

Can Stacey save Clara from her predicted death? Will Jacob be able to open up to Stacey and tell her what is wrong so she can help him?

Read Silver is for Secrets to find out!

My Thoughts/Reflections
Wow, Laurie Faria Stolarz is a great writer! She is very creative and has a knack for writing new mysteries to keep the reader in suspense to figure out who is the killer!

As always, I try to figure out who the culprit is before the book reveals it for me. I went through so many different characters, I lost track. I did not, however, see this ending at all!

Which was nice because I like to be kept on my toes and it also means that Stolarz pulled a 180 on the reader.

I was a little sad that things were on the rocks between Stacey and Jacob throughout this book. I wanted to see them as the newly-in-a-relationship couple from the last book, but in this book they were distant because Jacob was keeping secrets.

I also hated Clara. Which I think I was supposed to. She was so annoying and trying to snatch any boy that walked 10 feet from her, whether they were taken or not.

I'm really excited to read the next novel in the series to see what other mystery Stolarz has thought of. I also hope that a certain character comes back, but I'm not going to say too much because I will be giving away a major ending spoiler.

However, for the next book review, I may have to spoil the end of this novel. Just to forewarn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment