Friday, May 11, 2012

Never to Sleep by Rachel Vincent

This is a novella of the Soul Screamer series by Rachel Vincent. 

I did a general blog about the first 8 books in the series here: Soul Screamers

I also reviewed the 5th printed book (the book before this novella) here: If I Die

Sophie Cavanaugh has had enough of her cousin, Kaylee's, weirdness. She wants to go through high school as a popular dancer, become the first junior dance captain, and live a normal life. 

A normal life that disappears when she lets out a bloodcurdling scream and finds herself, along with a new, hot boy at school Luca, in a world where things do go bump in the night. 

Sophie has no idea where she is. She doesn't know how she got there. 

All she knows is that she does NOT want to be there. When her and Luca get separated, Sophie has to become brave and do things she never thought she would have ever done. 

Will Sophie and Luca get out of this nightmarish place? And if they do, how can things ever go back to normal? Read Never to Sleep by Rachel Vincent to find out!

My Thoughts/Reflections
I'm really glad that I read this novella. I'm a hardcore Rachel Vincent fan and love all of her novels, so it was just a matter of time that I would get to this eBook as well. 

I just had to get a Kindle app first!

And boy am I glad that I read this! I might have been confused in the next novel of the series, Before I Wake with Sophie's character!

Even though Sophie was finally introduced to the weirdness of her family, she still kinda annoyed me. I can't really say too much without giving the whole 61 pages of the novella away, but there were some statements that made me want to slap her. 

I'm hoping that she changes in the final two novels of this series, but it's Sophie, so I don't think I'll hold my breath. 

With that said, it was a great addition to add to the Soul Screamers series and I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the release of the next novel, Before I Wake, which comes out June 25, 2011. 

If you haven't read Rachel Vincent's novels, I urge you to do so at once. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment