Saturday, July 8, 2017

Review: Dream On

Dream On Dream On by Kerstin Gier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Now that Liv has survived the dreaded night in the cemetery, things are going pretty smoothly for her. She's transitioned to life in London, has a handful of friends (both wanted and unwanted) and is very happy being with Henry.

What could possibly go wrong in her life?

Well... seems that things are too smooth in the dreamland. Because even though Liv doesn't need to be in that world anymore, her curious mind keeps taking her back there over and over again to explore the new doors and absorb new information. Plus, she can see Henry there during the night, so it's like they are never apart from each other. Or that's what Liv thinks anyway...

But when a mysterious man appears and won't give his real identity, Grayson, Liv and Henry realize they need to figure out who is trying to crash their place and more importantly, why? And even though Anabel is no longer around Liv in person, that doesn't mean that she couldn't appear in their dreamland at any minute - though it does seem like she's disappeared everywhere.

The thing that tips Liv over the edge, though, is that someone is making her younger sister Mia sleepwalk and try to jump out of windows. Mia has nothing to do with the dreamland or any of Liv's problems, but now that someone has threatened her little sister, she is going to do whatever it takes to protect her at all costs.

I dove right into this novel after the first book and was not disappointed in the least bit! I loved this second novel of the series. There was just enough romance (much better than the first book, in my opinion), just enough mystery, and just enough adventure to keep me captured in this novel until I got to the last page - which didn't take long at all!

I have to admit, I was guessing over and over again who the person was who was messing with Mia and I didn't even come close - which was a very refreshing change of pace for me. In fact, it was so obvious, but I was making it way more complicated than it should have been. Thankfully, Liv is much smarter than me and was able to figure it out in the end.

I like the atmosphere that Liv and Mia have now come to expect when living with the Spensers. At first, of course, it was weird, and Florence still has her moments more than less, but seeing the two families together and how they have their own stories together now is pretty amazing. But throwing in the grandmother who is a nasty piece of work was the tip of the iceberg. Hearing Liv and Mia (especially Mia!)'s comments about the grandmother is priceless.

This book was very enjoyable and I'm so looking forward to the third and final book of the series! And I'm very intrigued to find out who this Secrecy is. I've had so many guesses, but knowing my luck with this series, I'm probably not even close to guessing right!

Definitely read this series! I think you'll really like it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment