Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Review: Waistcoats & Weaponry

Waistcoats & Weaponry Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sophronia is once again in the middle of a city crisis. This time, she is at home visiting her family because of her brother's engagement party, when all of the mechanical machines went haywire and were programmed to sing the national song for the British. And then, one of her friends needs to go to Scotland to be with her werewolf pack during a crisis.

So, of course, Sophronia is all for an adventure of getting her friend home and then she just happens to stumble upon the issue with the mechanical machines when she steals a weird looking train.

Sophronia is definitely not a boring girl at finishing school, that's for sure.

Now, Sophronia, Dimity, Soap, Felix and Sidheag are trying to figure out what to do with the information they have stumbled upon the train.

Sophronia is seriously one of my favorite characters! She is so sharp and is always piecing together all of the clues to figure out what is going on. She is my hero! And she's so funny and quick with responses when in a situation. I would hope that I would have acted like her during that time period, but probably, in all reality, I would have been a blibbering mess.

I love Sophronia and Felix together! But after this book... I don't know. Felix is a pansy. Soap is not my favorite for Sophronia, but the way that his story concluded at this end of this book was just...ugh! Poor guy. Even though he really wanted that to happen anyway.

I love, love, love this series and can't wait to see how it ends with the 4th book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment