Saturday, July 1, 2017

Review: Royal Bastards

Royal Bastards Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Tilla wants one thing in the world: for her father to recognize her as his daughter again and legalize her status, rather than keeping her be a bastard as his castle. But after 16 years, she's not sure if he will ever do that.

When the Princess Lyriana visits the Western Providence, Tilla doesn't realize that her whole life is going to change. And it starts when Lyriana wants to sit at the bastards table with the kids, rather than with the diplomatics at the Lords table. Because the Princess wants to have a little fun, Tilla takes her to the beach with her half-brother Jax, another bastard Miles, and a stranger Zell from the Zitochi clan. It was just supposed to be a night of fun, laughter, and getting to know everyone, but instead all 5 of them witnessed a terrible act that is intended to start another Great War.

Now Tilla and her crew need to get Lyriana back to the Kingdom to her father before they are captured and killed. Along the way, secrets are exposed, tensions run high, and friendships will be betrayed.

One will betray the group. One will die with a kiss on their lips. And all will be changed for good because of the actions they take throughout the long travels they are partaking in.

This was a great novel! I have to admit, the title really captured me and ensnared me. I don't think it would have mattered what the book was about, I was ready to read it the second I saw that title. But then I read the synopsis and instantly knew that I had to read this book, even though it's the first in a series and the other books haven't even been written yet. I broke my rule because that's how excited I was by this book!

And I was not disappointed either! This book was full of mystery, adventure, secrets, romance abrewing, and bravery. It had everything I was wanting and more. I loved all of the characters...well most of them. I'm not going to tell you who I didn't like because that may ruin something for readers while reading :)

Tilla is just an ordinary girl. Zell is the warrior and is pretty badass. Jax is the goofball, but also the muscle since he is built like an ox. Lyriana is royal and magical. Miles is studious and insightful. But out of all of them, Tilla is my girl. She is the bravest out of all of them because she is completely normal and is only doing what she thinks is best for the world. Then she makes herself better by asking Zell to train her to fight, to defend herself when the shit hits the fan.

I'm so glad that I decided to go against my rules and read this now! It was a great story and I am committed to these characters now. I will be waiting with lots of impatience for the rest of the series and will be making sure that my library purchases it right away!

I definitely recommend this to all my friends! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment