Friday, February 22, 2019

Review: 99% Faking It by Chris Cannon

99% Faking It 99% Faking It by Chris Cannon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Lisa has had a crush on her friend Matt for a while now but when she got denied by him, with him saying that she was just his friend, she ignored her feelings and decided friends would be enough. But then Matt came up with the crazy idea to become fake boyfriend and girlfriend so he can get the attention of the girl who he had a crush on.

Lisa didn't want to at first but she thought it might help her get the attention of the new guy at school, so she went along with it. Besides what could go wrong? She's already had her feelings hurt by Matt once before so now she knows to harden her heart from him. Just when things are going her way Matt throws a curveball and says that he wants to date her for real...

Now Lisa has to decide what she really wants before everything falls apart around her...

I love Chris Cannon's dragon series, so I was really excited to get my hands on this book as in e Arc. Sadly it wasn't my favorite because I got annoyed with the characters too often throughout the book. They couldn't make up their minds, they were very flighty, and they kept repeating themselves over and over and over but then unexpectedly taking a 360 turn the other direction. There was a lot of uncertainty throughout the novel. And overall it just showed how humans can't make their decision one way or the other. I guess that means it was realistic but it was too much repetition for my liking.

I'm glad I got a chance to read this and I'm sure that I'll pick up another one of Cannon's novels in the future. I'm sure other readers will enjoy this story when it's released though!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment