Saturday, February 9, 2019

Review: The Risk by Elle Kennedy

The Risk The Risk by Elle Kennedy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from the author and publisher. This is my honest review.

Having a dad who coaches hockey, Brenna has been around the sport her whole life. And with her best friend dating one of the hockey players that her dad is coaching, she is still very much into the sport. Which is why the idea of be nice to the enemy is not high on Brenda's list of things to do.

But it seems Brenna needs Jake to help her for something and Jake want something in return. The more Brenna and Jake get to know each other the more they forget that they are supposed to be enemies.

With Brenna's touchy past and Jake's bright future, both are unsure how things will actually work out between the two of them. And keeping it a secret from everyone also doesn't help either. Both have a lot of issues to hurdle over before they can decide what they really want in life.

I love the series! The characters are amazing and the story is phenomenal. I really enjoyed Brenna and Jake story because it went from enemies to friends and both characters respected each other.

Brenna is one of my favorite female characters so far. She acts like a bad girl and has a tough act but in reality she's just another girl hoping to find the one person to make her feel whole again. And Jake isn't your typical hockey player. Yeah sure he has Flings but he is also ambitious and dedicated and has a huge goal in mind that he is striving to get. With the two of them the sparks fly off the pages and you can tell that they tried to ignore the attraction but it over takes both of them.

It was nice to see all of the characters from the first novel and I'm intrigued to see who the next book is going to be about. I'm really glad I got a chance to read this and I know that people who enjoy Kennedy's novels will devour this one as well!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment