Friday, February 22, 2019

Review: They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera

They Both Die at the End They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Mateo and Rufus both got the call early morning that today was the day they are going to die. Because of circumstances, they found each other on the life friend app and was able to meet one another in real life. Both had their demons to face and their goals to achieve within 24 hours and both were there for one another.

The memories and Adventures that they will have will be memorable to them and their close friends and family.

I read this book for my book club, and if it wasn't for the club oh, I probably wouldn't have picked this up to read it. This book definitely makes you think about life and death and the decisions and choices that one makes in that regard. I've come to the decision that I wouldn't want a phone call between midnight and 3 a.m. to tell me if I was dying that day. Sure we are all on our way to dying but having the stress and anticipation for the next 21 hours doesn't appeal to me.

I wish that this book had more information about the death cast phone calls in the life friend app and how this process works. There are a lot of unanswered questions that left me wondering the background story of this idea that the author came up with. I feel like if he wrote another book, a prequel to the story, to explain all of these questions I have I would definitely pick that up in a heartbeat and read it!

While this book leaves the reader pondering about life and death I feel like some of the actions that were taken from the characters were a bit interesting... The romance between the two main characters felt forced to me instead of natural. But with only a few hours of meeting one another that's probably to be expected.

Overall I am glad that I read this book because I got me thinking, deep-thinking. However it won't be a book that I will reread in the future. It is definitely a good discussion book though!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment