Sunday, February 10, 2019

Review: Hollywood King by Monica Corwin

Hollywood King Hollywood King by Monica Corwin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from the author. This is my honest review.

After being left by Heath, Cathy has spent the last 10 years living her own life. She's not using her family's money, but rather went to med school and is making her own money by being a dotor and helping people.

But then Heath shows back up in her life. And Cathy has changed so much. Now she wants nothing to do with him, and just wants him to leave. Excpet Heath isn't taking no for an answer, and Cathy can only resists the man she's loved her whole life for so long. Just when life is looking up, Cathy receives some terrible news that will change everything...

I read the prequel, Hollywood Princess, which is actually the first 13% of this book, and I enjoyed it but thought it could be better. Well, Hollywood King came along and made it better! I think I just needed more from the characters than a novella could do for me, but this novel more than made up for that!

I loved Heath's viewpoint the best, I think. He is a mysterious character, so being able to get inside of his head and seeing what he is thinking was a vital part of this novel.

And Cathy. That poor girl. She has been through so much crap in her young life, it is heartbreaking to see her give up - even for a brief second.

I'm so glad I got a chance to read this novel, and I am going to keep my eye out for more novels by this author!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment