Sunday, February 10, 2019

Review: Be Mine by Jen Frederick

Be Mine Be Mine by Jen Frederick
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this e Arc novel from the author. This is my honest review.

Lainey hasn't had the best of times lately but when she's forced to go to Dallas instead of staying with her mother she testifying somewhere to live somewhere to work and somehow make a living to take care of her baby girl Cassidy.

One thing Lainey does know is that she is never going to trust a football player again in her life. That's why she's in this predicament in the first place. But who should she run into when she reaches Dallas but of quarterback football player who she is insanely attracted to. But Laney knows how that life can lead so she avoids the temptation as much as she can.

Nick saw Lainey for the first time and instantly knew he had to be around her. He even met her daughter Cassidy and even though Nick has no idea what to do around children he was wrapped around her little finger immediately. But being just tired as a second string quarterback he knew he needed to focus on his career rather than a new girl in his life.

As much as Nick and Lainey tried to ignore the attraction between each other it seemed fate was interrupting and the two kept finding each other over and over. But with secret pasts and unknown futures Nick and Lainey are not sure if their lives are meant to be intertwined or not.

I thought I had read the first book in the series but I can't seem to find a rating that I gave it. Even without reading the first book I was able to thoroughly enjoy this novel. I especially thought Lainey was a very tough person to go through all of that in her short life and still be optimistic and hopeful for the future.

Nick was a bit naive at the beginning being wet behind the ears and a rookie on his football team, but his actions we're kind and sincere which makes him a great person. He didn't think everything through at the beginning but by the end of the novel he was determined to get what he wanted and had the means to do so.

I have to say what happened to chip did not hurt my feelings at all. He was a nasty person and he deserved everything that happened to him throughout the book. And I'm very proud of Lainey for doing everything she had to do to protect the ones she loved.

I'm glad I got a chance to read this novel and I know fans of Jen Frederick will enjoy this book as well!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment