Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Review: Keeping Him by Kennedy Fox

Keeping Him Keeping Him by Kennedy Fox
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

You know, I was really excited to read this one out of all the brothers, but sadly it was not as good as I wanted it to be...

First, this is the only book that didn't start off where the preview book ended. In fact, this book bounced back and forth between time periods and it was frankly annoying after awhile. It lasted for the first 50% of the book and I could have done with none of it. I get it was too show how much of an ass Trent is but again, why drag the story out longer when I was dying to see Jackson and Keira together. And by the time I got to their story? I was over this book, so that was a let down. 

Second, Keira. You have been depicted as a strong, mouthy, sassy girl since book 1, yet you let Trent treat you that way?! There were so many signs and she made one excuse after another and it made me want to slap some sense into her. I actually feel a lot of hatred toward her for letting Trent be in her life for a long as she did. 

And Jackson. Saying you slept with the entire town, plus way more, because Keira deserved better than you is an absolutely disgusting thing. BE A MAN!!! YOU ARE A BISHOP - GO AFTER THE WOMAN YOU LOVE!!!!!

Okay, okay...

Obviously I have intense feelings about this book, but I seriously had a lot of issues with it and I was let down because I thought it was going to be amazing. 

Kennedy Fox's novels have been my binge lately, but I'm going to take a break for awhile. I need some distance before taking more, but I will come back. I'm sad this was a let down but I'm sure I'm in the minority, so this book might be someone elses cup of tea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment