Thursday, September 17, 2020

Review: Sanctum by Hannah McBride

Sanctum Sanctum by Hannah McBride
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been seeing so many of my friends and fellow book dragons raving about this book, I one clicked it and DEVOURED it within hours. I seriously couldn't stop reading this, I just had to find out everything that happens.

Skye's childhood makes me want to cry. She went through so much trauma and fear and anguish. I'm really surprised she's as normal and good as she is at 17 considering how her old pack treated her and her mom. And it broke my heart how she reacted to normal things, like a grocery store.

I'm really glad that not only did her and her mom escape, but that she also got to go to school and become her own person. I know she loves her mom, but she needed to find her own purpose in life too, and the Blackwater pack was the perfect place for her to connect with.

Remy is yummy, and the ONLY thing that would made this book better is if we could have had Remy's viewpoint as well as Skye's. I would have loved to have seen this thoughts and reactions around Skye.

This book does deal with some heavy, trigger topics that I usually can't handle reading, so be forewarned about that. But Hannah McBride did a wonderful job showing the horrors without making it too overbearing to handle.

This is an author I know I'm going to pre-order, autobuy, fangirl over. I'm so glad i took the plunge and I'm looking forward to more! I definitely recommend this book 100%!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment