Friday, August 17, 2018

Review: The Chase: Briar U by Elle Kennedy

The Chase The Chase by Elle Kennedy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from the author. This is my honest review.

Summer has had a rough few months. After getting kicked out of her old school for reasons she doesn't want to talk about, she gets enrolled into Briar "with help from her parents" who are famous lawyers. Summer just wants to study fashion design and learn about the business. She doesn't want any fuss.

Except when she gets to campus, she's being told she's not allowed to live at the sorority house that her mother was president of... for multiple years! Now, Summer has to find somewhere to live for the next two years. Thankfully, her older brother saves the day, and contacts his friends who were on the hockey team with him.

Unfortunately, that means

1. Summer is going to be living with 3 guys
2. One of the guys she lives with she has a crush on, even though they are complete opposites and he isn't giving her the time of day
3. Another one of her roommates is a guy she made out with on New Year's Eve and is showing major signs that he's crushing on her.

So Summer is going to have to decide what her future holds, if she can deal with the animosity that some of her classmates are giving her, what she is going to do with 2 out of her 3 roommates, why she is getting a very bad vibe from one of her famous professors, and how to deal with everything else.

Things are about to get interesting...

This was a great novel! I haven't read the prior spin-off series that introduces these characters, but I loved it just the same! Summer is a fun character. She is popular, pretty and is always happy it seems like. I feel so bad for her when people judge her on her looks. Looks aren't everything, people!

I was a bit frustrated with the Summer and Fitsy and Hunter issue. I mean, obviously Summer likes Fitsy, and yes, I get that he's being indifferent to her, so she doesn't want to miss out on her chance to hangout with Hunter, but she should have talked to Colin about everything before making a huge mess of things!! I just wanted to strangle the two of them because they were being dumb and annoying for me.

I loved that Colin had a passion for art and video gaming creations, but is also a hockey player too. It just goes to show that you can't put a person into one category - humans are made up of many, many different features!

I am very glad I got a chance to read this book, and I sure do hope to continue the series in the future! I may also find the other novels and read them, if I can ever find any time to do that ;)

I think many, many readers will enjoy this great novel! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment