Saturday, August 25, 2018

Review: Shameless King by Maya Hughes

Shameless King Shameless King by Maya Hughes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love these characters so much! Usually I give a synopsis of the book first and then my thoughts, but I just adore this book and I basically gave a synopsis with the prequel novel (which by the way, HOOKED ME so I had to get this first novel. So get it!!)

Declan and Mac go from enemies to friends to perhaps more. When Mak goes to school where Declan has been king for the past 3 years, so hopes that they won't see each other. I mean, she is doing science classes and he's doing whatever besides hockey.

But every student is required to take Sophmore Seminary, no matter if you are a transfer or a great hockey player who got a failing grade.

Now Declan and Mak not only have the same class together, and are the only seniors too, but they are now partners who have to turn in every single assignment together.

Throughout the whole semester, they are butting heads, but they are also starting to learn more and more about one another, which puts them in a whole different light for each other.

The tension between these two kill me so much! Seriously, you can feel the heat come off of them on every page. I loved when they were together and was just biting at the bits waiting for them to finally cave into the tension between them and let the sparks fly.

To see Mak loosen up and live a little was amazing, and to see Declan take something as serious as hockey is for him. I also loved how they were able to overcome their personal issues as well, and to finally find the courage to trust each other to tell them what is going on.

I can't wait to read the other hockey players stories, especially Emmetts!!, and I will definitely be keeping this book in mind as one of my favorites to recommend!!! So glad I stumbled upon this series (thanks Facebook ads... ;))

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment