Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Review: Courting Carlyn by Melissa Chambers

Courting Carlyn Courting Carlyn by Melissa Chambers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.
Release Date: August 6, 2018

Carlyn needs to get into her dream school, and she NEEDS to be on the tennis team. She's been playing tennis her whole life - it's the only thing she can do to feel connected to her mother who passed away when she was young.

But when she keeps messing up at trials for her dream college, she sees her dream going down the drain. And let's not get started on how badly she freezes up when Vaughn Yarborough is around. After that terrible double match where she did terribly, she has always felt embarrassed around him. So when he comes up with his very infamous coach, asking if she would help with a tennis camp, Carlyn wanted to say no, but said yes to be able to work with two professional and talented people to up her tennis game to play at her college.

The more she is around Vaughn, the more she realizes that Vaughn is not who he seems to be. He's just a normal guy, who right now wants a normal life. And the more they are around each other, the more attraction is flying between the two of them. Too bad they have an absolutely no fraternizing rule, and Vaughn has to be on his best behavior to have a chance to get into the same school that Carlyn wants to get in.

When secrets come to light, hearts are broken and dreams are crushed. But both Vaughn and Carlyn need to revisit their dreams and see what they really want for their future.

This was a cute novel. I love sport romances, and I really loved the fact that tennis was a big part of this book. Some sport romance novels are about the sport, but they having nothing about the sport. I have learned a lot about tennis from this book, which I loved!

I feel so much for Vaughn. He breaks my heart and I just want to hold him and make him feel loved, because he doesn't get love that much in his life. So to see him with Carlyn was amazing. And it's so funny, because he is so popular, but he is so awkward when he's around Carlyn. They are two different types of people, and they are intimidated by one another so much.

I am so glad I got a chance to read this book! It was sweet and funny and heartbreaking and full of tension. I can see a lot of readers really liking this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment