Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Review: Guarded Desire by Christi Snow

Guarded Desire Guarded Desire by Christi Snow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

After being kidnapped by a fan of her mothers, Elle is finding out that going back to her normal life is not as easy as she thought it would be. She thought it would be okay, but her panic attacks are coming more frequently, and she's not able to stop them when they are happening.

That doesn't mean that she appreciates her mom hiring a bodyguard for her. Elle just wants to go to class and get back to her normal, boring life out of the spotlight. But the longer Elle thinks about her kidnapper still out, the more worried she's getting.

Jonah is not thrilled that he has to bodyguard the daughter of a spoiled rich woman. He's not going to enjoy following a pampered princess who will boss him around. But the second Jonah meets Elle, he knows that she is nothing like her mother. In fact, Elle is tying very hard to be the complete opposite of her mother. Which makes her kidnapping 10x worse because he gave Elle a makeover to look exactly like her mother.

All Jonah and Elle want is to find the kidnapper so their lives can get back to normal. But the more they are around each other, the more they realize they are attracted to one another, and once the kidnapper is caught, they won't be in each others lives after that.

And once the mystery is revealed on who Elle's kidnapper is, Elle may never find the ability to trust another person again.

This was a good book. I enjoyed the mystery of it, and I really enjoyed seeing Elle overcome her fears in the end. She was such a confident woman, and anyone would be terrified after what she went through. I especially love how she didn't want to depend on Jonah to take care of things because she realized that puts her in a vulnerable state, and she didn't want to be like that.

The attraction between Jonah and Elle was a bit rushed for me. I thought it went from, we can`t be anything to I can't live without you pretty fast. And at the beginning Elle did depend on Jonah a bit much, which showed how low her self confidence was.

The big reveal was pretty surprising for me, I have to admit. Usually I can figure out the culprit, but this was very shocking for me, and I definitely didn't see it coming at all, which was great! I love when books surprise me! I`ll be interested to see how many readers were able to figure it out beforehand!

I'm very glad I got a chance to read this eCopy of the novel, and I will have to keep my eyes out for more books by Christi Snow in the future!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment