Sunday, August 19, 2018

Review: Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel by Maya Hughes

Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel by Maya Hughes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Declan can't wait to go to college and get that out of the way so he can go pro in hockey. He has to outdo his sperm donor, but he also wants to make his mom to be proud of him to graduate from school. And Declan has been the King of hockey for 4 years, so he's a shoe in.

So when the big bash party is coming up, he's very much excited to relax and have a good time with his second family on the hockey team.

But Makenna keeps getting in his way. First it was the yearbook information she needs from him to print the yearbook. He wouldn't have an issue answering it, but Mak is a bit snotty and perfect and impossible to make happy. So his life's mission in the past 4 years was to taunt her whenever she was nearby. By now, it's a game to see how much he can rile her up.

Declan just needs to forget about prom night, and things would be back to normal...

Mak doesn't have time for fun or parties or being popular. She needs to make sure she gets perfect grades to get a scholarship for Standford so her parents don't have to pay any money on that expensive school. And Mak has a promise she NEEDS to keep, so nothing can go wrong.

When her friends bully her into going to the "biggest party of the year" Mak really doesn't want to go. She needs to go over her final exam information for the 4th time to make sure she knows everything she needs.

But she did end up at the party, and of course the obnoxious Declan was there to egg her on again and again. If only she could forget about prom night, things would go back to normal for her...

This was a great novel! Wow, it sucked me in and left me hanging by the end of the novella. I knew it was short, but I really didn't think I would love it so much. So of course, the author gave me a hanging carrot and I immediately went and bought book #1 because I HAD to know what happens with Declan and Mak.

(And I also really, really, really need to know Emmett and Ashley's story!!! Seriously, I'm dying here! That ending was insane!!)

The banter between these two character was incredible and had me wanting more and more. And because nothing happened between them, I had to get the first book to see the whole playout between them.

So kudos, Maya Hughes, for getting me hooked like an addict. I am now going to be waiting very impatiently for all of the books in the series to come out, and you can have my money. I must know everything now!

So glad I stumbled upon this book and I CANNOT WAIT for the others to be released!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment