Sunday, August 5, 2018

Review: Turn of the Moon by L. P. Dover

Turn of the Moon Turn of the Moon by L.P. Dover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this eARC from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

Bailey has always wanted to escape her confined world with her pack. The best moments for her when she was able to go off to college for 4 years and experience new things that weren't routine for her. She was also hoping that in those four years her parents would not force her to be mated to Kade, who is very cruel and brutal and definitely not somebody that Bailey could ever love.

Sadly Bailey doesn't have any choice in the matter and her parents are still going to have her mate with Kade. When she encounters him on the day she's supposed to go to his pack with him, Bailey can't stomach going through with the meeting as he is already being cruel and mean to her so she runs away with nothing to her name and Order to escape this fate that is supposed to be her future.

Little does Bailey know that because of her escaping she is about to find out her real self that has been hidden from her whole life. What she encounters makes her a little timid but the more she is around this new pack she has found the more she realizes that she really doesn't know her true self. It seems a little too good to be true that she stumbled upon this pack, but when Kade starts hunting for her to get her back and mate with her, Bailey may lose everything that she has just found.

This was a great novel! I love shifter books because it's something that I wish were true sometimes in my life haha. Bailey is an alpha and she is one tough cookie which I absolutely love. It's nice that men can come in and swoop in and save the day, but it's also great when a girl can take care of herself when she needs to. When Bailey ran away from Kade I was cheering her on and loving that she took control of her own life.

And I absolutely love the new pack that Bailey found. They are loyal and dedicated and have so much hope and faith in Bailey that the reader couldn't help but root for them having their happily-ever-afters.

The tension between Bailey and the pack leader was flying off the pages! And then the relationship between a few of the packmates was just hilarious haha.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I'm glad that I got an e Arc of it. I'm very excited to read the second one and see whose story it will be about. It will be nice to see Bailey through another character's point of view as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment