Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Review: The Prince by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Prince The Prince by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Received this eARC novel from the author. This is my honest review.

Brighton has always been a bit shy and timid her whole life. She was fine with her job as reading through journals and understanding the history of the fae. She never really wanted to be in the thick of everything by fighting the fae. But when her and her mother were attacked and Brighton wasn't able to defend herself, she not only decided to get revenge but also to learn to defend herself so that this couldn't happen to her again.

The Prince is a very mysterious man. He was the Queen's puppet for so long and now that he's not under her control no one knows how to act around him because of all the unspeakable things that he did. Brighton doesn't know the prince and she's only seen him when he was not being controlled by the queen anymore. But she's definitely her the stories of what he's done so it makes it very uncomfortable whenever he's around her. Thankfully he's not around too often except when she's trying to hunt off-the-grid and he shows up unexpectedly.

But there are secrets that involve both Brighton and the Prince, and the more that Brighton bumps into the Prince the more she uncovers what happened on that terrible night. And the more that they are around each other the more the attraction between them sparks. But life is about to become much more difficult for the two of them.

O. M. G.!!!!! I seriously seriously loved this book!!! I didn't think that anyone in the Wicked world would have topped Ivy and Ren but holy crap I think that Brighton and Caden have surpassed that level!! The intensity between these two characters is off the charts and had me begging for more each time they we're around each other. Caden is so mysterious and intense and I can't imagine how Brighton could handle all that when he was around.

I loved the mystery aspect of this novella and how Brighton and Caden were discovering new things on each page. And even though we didn't get Cadence point of view, I feel like both characters had a lot of internal struggles that they were battling throughout the whole novel.

I am extremely mad that 1. this is a novella and 2. there's another book that's not going to be out till next year and I don't have it in my hands right now! I want Brighton and Caden to have their own series after reading this and this is definitely a tease for all fans of JLAs novels!

These two characters have definitely made their way up to the top of my charts for favorite JLA characters, and I am biting at the bit to get the next book. This is for sure going to be one of the most popular JLA books and fans are going to love it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment