Friday, March 1, 2019

Review: The Duke I Tempted by Scarlett Peckham

The Duke I Tempted The Duke I Tempted by Scarlett Peckham
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Poppy loves to garden. It's her passion and she's damn good at it. She doesn't need a man to help her with her business - she just wants to get her business up and going and become successful...which is hard to do as a single women in the 1750's...

She gets a great gig with the Duke of Westmead to decorate his estate for a lavish party. But more than just getting her business reputation occurs during her frequent visits to his home. By the end of it, she finds herself engaged to the Duke of Westmead and wondering what just happened.

But the Duke has dark secrets - secrets he doesn't want to share with Poppy. The only thing is, if he were to share, he thinks she would be revolted. but Poppy is not a typical woman in her time, and she may just surprise the duke yet...

This was a good historical fiction novel. It's been so long since I've read one of these that it took me a little longer to get into a story where a character can have 3 names and it's just one person. There were moments that I became bored with the story, but I just skimmed past those sections and got to the middle and end, which kept my interest.

Poppy and the Duke were a hoot and a half watching them figure each other out. I just wanted them to both come clean with their secrets and their desires, because they would have been a lot happier a lot earlier in the book. But that's what the drama is for, right?

Overall, I enjoyed getting back into a historical fiction novel and I may just have to find some more to dive into later. I'm glad I got a chance to read this eARC.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment