Friday, March 22, 2019

Review: The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent

The Flame Never Dies The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay. I read this book because I had a lot of open questions at the end of the first novel. I wouldn't say that all of my questions were answered with this book but I can safely say that I now know the ending that Rachel Vincent created for this new world. I do have to admit that I skimmed quite a bit to find out what happens next. I wasn't as committed or devoted to this book as I could have been but I was able to get to the end.

I felt like Nina grew as a character and this novel, and really dedicated her decisions based on her beliefs. There were a lot of events that occurred that I did not see coming, which was a nice change of pace for me. All of the characters were growing in their own way throughout this novel. There were a lot of shocking moments and conclusions for each character's inner struggles that they have.

The only thing I thought was interesting was the very end. With the amount of determination that Nina had, I wouldn't have thought she would have made that choice. However, it definitely leaves a lot to be imagined for the communities in this world that Vincent created.

Overall this was an interesting and unexpected story, and it intrigued me to complete the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment