Thursday, March 28, 2019

Review: Kindred by Erica Stevens

Kindred Kindred by Erica Stevens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cassie, Chris and Melissa are Hunters who kill vampires. There aren't many anymore after the vampires wiped out the Hunter existence, so they kill vampires while they can as they are still training.

Cassie hates what she does. She's too emotional and always thinks about the fact that vampires were once human and she catches a glimpse of that person right before they die. Sadly Cassie is the best fighter of the the and she had no choice in the matter.

Lately Cassie had been feeling empty. Like she's missing a piece of herself and everyday gets harder and harder for her. Shockingly when she she's a new guy in her town, that feeling goes away and is replaced by a hyper awareness of him. Aliveness. Cassie knows this connection isnt good and she tried her hardest to run and avoid it.

But Devon is determined to get to know Cassie and her well not stop chasing her until he does.

When an unexpected visitor comes to town, secrets on both sides are revealed. There may not be a way to come back from this though...

This was an intriguing novel. I'm actually very surprised that I want annoyed by the insta love and the repetition like I saw many reviewers mention. But for some reason I really liked the connection and chemistry between these two. I also really enjoyed Devon's viewpoint as well.

Overall Im glad I decided to read this book and that I have the whole series to dive into!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment