Friday, March 22, 2019

Review: The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent

The Stars Never Rise The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The world changed when demons possessed humans and wiped out over half of humanity. Now the church is on charge of everything: government doctors, teachers, etc. And the rules are strict and severe if you sin.

Nina is struggling. Her mother is popped up on pills and Nina needs to find a way to take care of her 15 year old sister Melanie without the church finding out what is going on. Just for another year, until Nina turns 18 and can take care of Mellie herself. But to do that, Nina is committing a lot of sins that could get her into serious trouble.

Everything changes though when Nina's life gets turned upside down. No ober is who she thought they were... including herself. Now with a group of strangers sheer must rescue her sister before the church makes her an example. And Nina must figure out the end game begore it's too late...

So this book.... not what I expected at all. I love love love Rachel Vincents shiul screamer series and thought this one was going to fall into my love pile as well, but I had a pity of trouble. Because this was so focused on the Church, being the government and all, I was lost...a lot. I dont have a religious background so I was confused and couldn't follow the structure and world building very well.

And then when Finn's secret was revealed? SO confused then! This book was different. Unique. But for me a bit hard to understand at first. And Nina was a hard character to figure out because she was contradicting herself so much.

Now even though it was difficult for me, I think I might still read the nect and final book, just to see how it all ends. Otherwise I'll just be wondering!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment