Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Review: Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas

Kingdom of Ash Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sigh. I'm so sad this adventure is over. I LOVE these characters and I'm not ready to say goodbye to them. All of them have grown into amazing characters through the 7 books. And they sacrificed so much throughout these novels to continue believing what they were fighting for.

This book gave me so many goosebumps for so many different scenes, I was just amazed by everything that happened. Things didn't go the way that I thought they would, which was a good surprise for me. Keeping me on my toes.

The few (very few) deaths that happened to the main group of characters (which involved A LOT of characters) were gut wrenching. I love the fact that Sarah J. Maas isn't a character killer like some of my other favorite authors, but I knew some would have to die, and when they did, it was just awful. The reactions of the characters who were close to them also didn't help my breaking heart.

Aelin is by far the best character I've come across. She has so many layers to her, it's not even funny. And she is so loyal and brave and cunning. Man, the schemes and plans she comes up with are just amazing. She could be a bit more open about her plans, but I get why when she said she loved seeing the looks on people's faces. But also because she doesn't want to disappoint anyone if they don't follow through.

I could gush about all of the characters, but I'd just be prattling on and on, and who needs that?

Let's just say, if you haven't read this series, start. If you haven't read Sarah J. Maas's entire collection, begin. And come thank me when you are done :D

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment