Monday, December 9, 2019

Review: Alex by Sawyer Bennett

Alex Alex by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For a girl (me) who's never watched, played or really seen hockey, I sure do read a lot of fiction sport novels about hockey players! And like all of the other novels I've read, I really enjoyed this one as well!

I like how Alex is talked about as being a prick, but we really don't see it since he just meets Sutton and instantly falls under her spell. He's never mean to her. Sure, he has his moments a few times, but nothing that would make him be the MVP in my opinion.

I love that both of these characters have had a similar past because that means they can talk to one another and understand what the person means. So many times in a relationship, if one person doesn't understand based on experience, there seems to be more arguments than not because they sympathize too much, say they understand and really don't, etc. But for Sutton and Alex, they really do get where each other is coming from, and they are able to help one another because of that experience.

Sutton is amazing. She doesn't take any of Alex's shit at the beginning and she slowly pecks away at his anger and makes him be a human again, really. The way they act around each other is great and definitely has a lot of sexual tension between the two of them.

I'm glad I got a chance to read this, and I have book #2 all ready on my kindle, so I'm about to dive into Garrett's novel! This should be fun :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment