Monday, December 30, 2019

Review: Last Call by Staci Hart

Last Call Last Call by Staci Hart
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Rose and Patrick... I really wanted to like their story because they have been making eyes at each other since book 1. But sadly this book fell short with me. I appreciated that Rose wanted to start dating again and meet someone, but deep down she always had feelings for Patrick. She just didn't want to admit them because her hurt her. And I have to give props for Patrick - he did what she told him to do and you have to appreciate that a little bit. But I am glad that he finally made a move when he realized she liked him back just as much.

But when he denied her at the end? Yeah, that was messed up. And I realized that both of these characters are messed up, but as Lily said, "Ninety percent of your problems would be solved if you would just talk about it". That is the truest statement I've heard in my entire life, and what I usually say in EVERY book review I write. Because communication is key in a relationship - and a friendship.

I'm glad everything worked out in the end, and I'm intrigued on the short novella where it has everyone's happily ever after :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment