Sunday, August 20, 2017

Review: I'm In It

I'm In It I'm In It by Tammy Falkner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wren's life is pretty shitty right now. She just had a miscarriage and the father of the baby was actually with another woman. All of Wren's sisters are married, about to be married, have babies, or are pregnant. Which Wren LOVES but it's a bit hard to see everyone she loves so happy when she's still not over losing her baby.

And she is avoiding Mick. Mick was with her when she miscarried and they had just been on their 5th date. It seemed like things were going well, but now she is putting distance between them because she doesn't want to get hurt again.

So when they decide to become BFF's, Wren thinks she can do that. She needs a friend right now. However, Mick doesn't JUST want to be BFF's. Oh no, but Mick realizes that he doesn't know too much about Wren, so he's willing to do whatever it takes to get to know her and make her realize that they are meant to be with each other forever. He just needs to be patient.

When Mick's cousin is in trouble and needs to go to rehab, he decides he is going to take care of her 4 kids - ages 8 to baby. Wren steps in and says that they are going to stay at her place because she has 4 bedrooms, verses his 1 bedroom apartment. And then when Mick needs to take the kids to California - across the entire continent - by driving, Wren comes with too.

Mick is not sure if Wren will be okay with the kids after what she has been through, but he is willing to risk it to be with her more and to show her exactly what he is wanting between the two of them. Even if it means putting his heart on the line when Wren doesn't feel the same.

I love Tammy Falkner's Reed Brothers Series!!! Seriously!! I am so glad that Logan and Emily's story was free so so long ago and I took a chance on trying it to see if I would like it. Because 18 books later, I am still in love and I still want more, even though I have a high suspicion that this may be the last one? Unless she write a book about a family reunion or something haha.

Wren has been through something very traumatic, and I am glad that Mick was there to give her the space she needed, but also to push her when it came time to get past her grief. He is definitely the best match for her and she is the best match for him.

One of these days, I'm going to re-read these books and fly through all of them back to back to relive these lives, because they are amazing stories, amazing characters, and amazing things that all of them do.

If you have been living under a rock and haven't read these, I definitely recommend that you do right now! You won't be sorry :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment