Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Wings and Ruin A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not even going to bother doing a description of this book - a synposis - because it's the third of the series so I'm bound to give something away and I just want to talk about how AMAZING IT WAS!!!!

I love, love, love this series. I have my all-time favorite author bookshelf and once I get my own copies of these books, they are being placed on that shelf. And this is really tying with my all-time favorite books by Jennifer L. Armentrout (who convinced me to read these books), but I wouldn't say that it's passed them...yet.

But they are that good!

This is a 700 page book and I finished it in 1.5 days. I would have finished it in one if I didn't have to adult and go to work, but that's beside the point.

Feyre is amazing. I loved her as a human and I loved her as a High Fae. She is seriously the most selfless person I've read about. She doesn't give one hoot about her own life, but the second that anyone she loves is in danger, she rushes off and saves them - even if it means her own life. I mean, she was willing to bargain with her SOUL!!! That is some crazy shit right there - especially in the world that she lives in. And she was willing to do ANYTHING to save the ones she loves. To know that they were safe, even if she could no longer be there was the best solution to anything in life. Even though those people would not want to live without her kind, generous soul in their lives.

This book had me in an emotional roller coaster. No, seriously. Sarah J. Maas almost gave me a heart attack about 4 times, back to back at the end of this book. I had to tell myself to breath during a couple of scenes in this book when I realized where she was going with her story, and threatening to end Maas's life if she actually went through what she had just revealed to me.

There were laughs. There were definitely tears. And there was blushing, for Rhysand is Feyre's everything, so that's a given.

I loved the side characters. I especially love Nesta because she is such a vicious person, but when you have her trust and heart, she will be vicious for you to the very end. And she is such a quiet person, that when she finally lets her emotions come out, you better start running because it will be 500% more than anyone else's you've ever seen before.

I am so emotionally attached to these characters that I'm not sure how to move on. I'm sitting here day dreaming about the entire 3 books that I just devoured and I just want to be in that world again. I spent every free moment I had for the last 1.5 days engrossed in Feyre's world, and I don't want to go back to my boring life!

I will never forget this story and these amazing characters and what they are willing to risk for peace. Though it will be interesting to see what they do to fill their time now since they are immortal and have nothing of importance to be done now. I'm sure Maas will find a way to stir up a little trouble.

I am so, so, so happy that I finally read the first book in this series, and I will be forever stuck in this world of love, magic, family and survival. Now I am going to hope I don't get into a book slump and I will try to read a different book.

I cannot wait for Fall 2018 to come and see who the next book will be about and what they will be involved with.

Thank you to Jennifer L. Armentrout for the recommendation and thank you to Sarah J. Maas for writing this beautiful, amazing story. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment