Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Review: Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

Library of Souls Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jacob just can't catch a break. Just when he thought they found Miss Peregrine, his new group of friends realized that they were duped with the wrong bird and now they are finding themselves having to save not only Miss Peregrine, but all of the other peculiar children that were just taken with another ymbryne.

So now it's just Emma, Jacob and Addison out to save their family, and they are about to go in the most peculiar place yet, with more peculiar beings than anyone knew existed. And they are doing this with the unwilling help of Sharon, the ferry worker, who is only helping Jacob because his boat was sunk by bullet holes.

But there is a lot of dealings going on inside Devil's Acre and Jacob may be biting off more than he can chew. Because of his new-found power, many peculiars are out to get Jacob for their own personal use and Jacob can't figure out if anyone is on his side trying to save his new family, or if they are out to gain more power for themselves.

And then, Jacob has the biggest question to find the answer to: if they survive, where will Jacob go? Back home to his parents, or stay with his peculiar family?

So many big revelations, but will Jacob choose wisely in all of his adventures to make that final decision?

I flew through this book. After spending agony minutes and hours on the 2nd book, I just couldn't get enough of Library of Souls! From the first page there was action, adventure, and mysteries to be solved that by the time I noticed, I was almost done with the book!

So I definitely recommend sticking it out through the second novel to get to this one, because it it worth it to find out what Jacob's fate is in the end.

And to think that all 3 books happened in a week or so time?! Craziness. Thank goodness I waited until all 3 books were out to read them in about a week's time, rather than 3 years time!

In the end, I found that Jacob grew a harder spine and was a good character to have the viewpoint from, even though I said otherwise in the 2nd novel's review. He just had to grow up a little and make some decisions that made him understand the direness of his situation. He knew what was the best thing to do, no matter what the cost, and was man enough to go through it, and I respect that in a character.

I'm glad that I read the rest of the series to find out what happens to the group and how they persevered through their peculiar abilities to save the day. I don't think I'll ever read these books again in my life, but it was nice to get their story and I still think it is fantastic that Ransom Riggs created this whole series just by some old, weird photographs that he found!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment