Thursday, February 20, 2020

Review: Dear Ava by Ilsa Madden-Mills

Dear Ava Dear Ava by Ilsa Madden-Mills
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ilsa Madden-Mills is slowly becoming a must read author for me. This book had me hooked from the synopsis and I one-clicked it on Amazon even though it's more than my standard price range. I'm also realizing that enemies-to-lovers is quickly becoming my favorite sub-genre as well, and Knox and Ava were no exception.

I loved how strong Ava and Knox are. They are both fighting different battles with themselves, and with people around them, every day. For them to resist each other for as long as they did was insane, because I wouldn't have had the patience.

The ending was emotional - actually this whole book was emotional. I was sucked into this story so much that I didn't want to do anything else, but sadly life gets in the way. But from start to finish, I had to figure out everything that this book has to offer and I was not disappointed.

The only reason this book did not have a 5 star review is because it has a trigger event that was not indicated or talked about beforehand. Even though there wasn't graphic details, I really despise reading books about sexual assault and I want to make that decision myself if I decide to read a book about that topic, rather than being surprised and unaware beforehand...

Other than that, I loved this book and I loved watching the sparks fly between Knox and Ava. This might be a book that I re-read in the future because the overall message is just amazing and I'm so glad I decided to binge and buy it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment