Sunday, December 13, 2015

Review: Anya and the Shy Guy

Anya and the Shy Guy Anya and the Shy Guy by Suze Winegardner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this story. I think it's because I really like Anya. Being homeless and on her own, she is taking one step forward to try and get a jump start in life - to not be homeless forever but to use this as a motivation of sorts to never to get this low again.

So yeah, finding a weakness in one of the S2J band members to write an article sounds like an easy job. Something to get her foot in the door and make a name for herself to start writing articles on a daily basis.

That was before she met the guy, though, and realized he is more than just a band member of S2J.

And Matt (I'm not going to call him Will - he's Matt). He is doing something so selflessly for his family. I'm not sure many twin brothers would do that for their sibling, but Matt put everything in his life on hold until Will could be better and come back to the group. I love a guy who puts others before themselves, and that's exactly what Matt did.

This was a great novel. A little choppy, but the message is amazing and I hope that there are real life people out there who have the same drive as Matt and Anya.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment