Sunday, December 20, 2015

Review: Unforgiven

Unforgiven Unforgiven by Lauren Kate
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know a lot of readers are torn by this book. But ya'll have to remember that it's CAM's story, not Luce and Daniels. And yes, in the synopsis, it says he's the brooding, bad-boy, but in the novel he's not the same as the Cam we all remember from the previous novels. He wants to win Lilith's love back, and being the brooding, bad-boy wouldn't do so well trying to win her love when she already hates him.

This was a good novel. We didn't have naive Luce, but rather Lilith, who is living through one Hell after another. She has grown tough skin and has hardened her heart from anything that could hurt her. She is keeping everything to herself and just living day by day, hoping it will eventually get better.

So I really liked Lilith. And I loved when she first met Cam that she wasn't swayed by his good looks and sweet charm he was trying to use with her. Instead, she tried to avoid him at all costs.

I also really liked how they went back in time when Cam and Lilith first met, showing the reader exactly what happened between the two characters. It cleared up a lot of empty spots of their history.

Seeing Roland and Arriane was a treat, like always. I especially loved the last statement Arriane asked Roland, wondering if it was true or not... Hmm, another spin off novel in the works, Lauren Kate? That would be a great novel to read about!!

So even though I had a rocky ride with this series, it all ended well and I think fans of the series will really enjoy this newest edition!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment