Friday, January 15, 2016

Review: When I'm Gone

When I'm Gone When I'm Gone by Abbi Glines
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am so glad I got this through my eLibrary!! Though I totally want to own my own copy, because I think I might have found my favorite book boyfriend in the Rosemary Beach series. It's definitely between Rush and Mase, because Mase is so swoonworthy and amazing and, gah. There are no words for how great Mase is.

We've met Mase a few times throughout the end of this series, but to be able to read his own story is fantastic. He is such a gentleman and a hardworking young man. I want to shove Reese away so I can have him for myself! And Mase is so selfless and always making sure that others are okay before he takes care of himself. The stories his mother was telling about Mase growing up and getting into trouble because he was protecting the ones he loves melted my heart.

Reese is in a very dark place. The beginning of this book? Very hard to read and I feel for Reese so much. And she has been through some terrible times. All she wants to do is learn, work hard, and be loved. The basics that everyone does everyday, but is a complete struggle for her. I just want to hug her and make everything all better for her so she can finally enjoy life.

These two are meant for each other and I loved every minute of this novel. Well, except for Nan's bit in the story. I could have done without her evilness tainting this story.

Also? I LOVE JIMMY!!!!! He is awesome! He is fantastic! He is marvelous! He is so protective of Reese and just wants to see good things happen to her. Makes my heart melt even more!

I cannot wait to get into the second installment of Mase and Reese's story. Definitely try to have both novels before starting, because you aren't going to want to miss either one with the cliffhanger novel Abbi Glines ends with!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment