Friday, January 15, 2016

Review: When You're Back

When You're Back When You're Back by Abbi Glines
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This...wasn't as good as the first book in Mase and Reese's story. I love stories about lovey-dovey nonsense, but there does come a time when there's a bit much in a novel, and unfortunately, it happened in this novel. Mase and Reese were all about the love they had for each other.

And then out of the blue, comes jealousy and not communicating, making the reader wonder if they really do love each other that much because you would think that trust and talking would happen with that much love.

I hated Aida. I mean, I really hate her. Almost as much as Nan. Maybe even more? I think it's an even tie. (Oh, btw, LOVED that Nan wasn't in this novel - not one bit!)

Now Captain - he is a very, very interesting character. I honestly don't remember him too much from the previous books because it's been a while since I've read Blaire's story, but this version of Captain was very intriguing to me. And the background story with Captain and Reese's father? LOVE!!! Brings an aura of mystery to Captain as well!

The ending was great. I think it the novel has no Aida, 10% of the book, and the last 60% of the book, it would have been a 5 star review for sure. But there was just a little bit too much mushy-ness for my liking and it docked it a star.

So glad I was able to dive in and read this novel right after Mase and Reese's first novel. Now I'll just wait patiently to get my hands on the last few of the series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment